Today I finished the third prototype wallet this month. I am very nearly totally satisfied with this one. It represents my best leather work to date. I am not after perfection but I do need to see progress and this piece definitely pushes the right buttons. The edges were finished with coat of beeswax which was burnished to become glossy & smooth with a felt bit on my rotary tool.
It has a place for paper money, zippered coin case, nine credit card slots and three secret stash pockets which can't be seen in the photos.
I used dark brown thread for the first time but employed my trademark 'cobra clasp'.
* UPDATE * May 2014
After using the wallet for a couple of weeks I finally decided it was on the chubby side of comfortable and so I hope to reduce the bulge with further pieces. I'll probably try 1mm leather, use thinner material for the card cradles and maybe remove one layer from the centre cc holder.